Panthera Africa Educational Visit (Stanford)
We are a true sanctuary where no cub petting, breeding or trading takes place.
One of Panthera Africa’s main purposes is to be an educational platform where we create awareness about the conditions big cats face in captivity, and how animal welfare and enrichment plays a vital role in giving them the best captive life possible. We are a true sanctuary where no cub petting, breeding or trading takes place.
Stanford is situated in the heart of the Cape Whale and White Shark Coast about 140km from Cape Town, and is easily reached by car (2 hours). You have the choice of two amazing yet very different routes:
• Route one: Mountain pass Follow the N2 from Cape Town to Somerset West Enjoy the Journey over Sir Lowry’s Pass, through Elgin Valley
• Route two: Ocean view Follow the N2 from Cape Town to Somerset West Turn off onto the R44 to Gordon’s Bay and follow the magnificent coastline road Both routes join up with the R43 that leads you towards and through Hermanus to Stanford. When entering Stanford make a left onto the R326 towards Caledon / Riviersonderend. Continue on the tar road for approximately 4km and make a right turn towards Papiesvlei. Continue on the gravel road for 3.5km till you see the Panthera Africa sign on your right. Drive 1.3km, through the neighbouring farm, and follow the signs to the entrance.
• We ask you kindly to arrive 15 minutes prior to your visit.
• On our educational visits you have the chance of capturing photographs of the big cats in their beautiful Natural homes, and get to know about their unique stories, in addition to the important facts about the species and their different situations.
• We strongly believe in the importance of educating you about animal welfare and conservation, so together with a staff member you will be taken for a lovely walk whilst admiring the beautiful cats.
• We look forward to sharing our dream with you, and to introducing you to our four legged friends!
• If cancelled up to 30 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
• If cancelled up to 20 days before date of arrival, 25% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
• If cancelled up to 10 days before date of arrival, 50% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
• If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Telephone: +27 (0) 87 940 7474