A slow cruise or adrenaline adventure.
Our boat rides are unique and can be tailored to your needs. On this trip lasting 1 hour, we take you on a cruise through the Harbour area and around the Bay, stopping at all the scenic spots along the way.
Our boat is built for speed, but we will go as fast or as slow as is comfortable. We do specific speed runs for the adrenalin junkies, with high speed turns included.
Our boat, Eco Boat Rides, is an 8.5 m Gemini semi-rigid, with two 4-stroke 200 HP Yamaha Engines. It complies with all the regulations set by the South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA). The SAMSA approved safety equipment on board includes a radio, life jackets, a first aid kit and flares. The boat can accommodate up to 10 Passengers. There are always two crew members on board, consisting of the skipper and a deck hand. Our skippers and deck hands have over twenty years experience at sea.
• Meetup inside Captain Jacks booking office in Hout Bay Harbour
• Security brief
• Put on your life jacket
• Let’s go on a boat trip!
• We exit the Bay towards Noordhoek, where we view the highest point of Chapman’s Peak and Slangkop Lighthouse in the distance.
• We ride across towards Llandudno, going as far as Sandy Bay.
• We return via the crane wreck of the BOSS 400 in Maori Bay, and Duiker/Seal Island, where we stop and view the resident seal colony.
• Experience spectacular views of Chapman’s Peak, the Sentinel and Karbonkelberg and the world famous Dungeons area.
• We will stop to appreciate any significant sea life that we come across.
* The boat can accommodate up to 10 Passengers.
* No spectators allowed. Spectators are welcome to wait at the shop until the boat returns.
Telephone: +27 (0) 87 940 7474