Meet the Cape Fur Seals as well as many Sea Gull species.
Seal Island’s original name is Duiker Island, home of the Cape Cormorand or “Duiker” in Afrikaans. It is home to a colony of Cape Fur Seals as well as many Sea Gull species. This trip lasts 20 – 30 minutes.
Our boat is built for speed. The 2 × 200HP Yamaha engines ensure that you will fly across the waves, going as fast as you can handle it. We do specific speed runs for the adrenalin junkies, with high speed turns included.
Our boat, CAWSAW, is an 8.5 m Gemini semi-rigid rubber duck, with two 4-stroke 200 HP Yamaha Engines. It complies with all the regulations set by the South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA). The SAMSA approved safety equipment on board includes a radio, life jackets, a first aid kit and flares. The boat can accommodate up to 10 Passengers. There are always two crew members on board, consisting of the skipper and a deck hand. Our Skippers and Deck Hands have over twenty years experience at sea.
• Meet up inside Captain Jacks booking office in Hout Bay Harbour
• Security brief
• Put on your life jacket
• Let’s go on a boat trip!
• We launch from Hout Bay Harbour and head straight to Seal Island, going as fast or as slow as you are comfortable.
• Once at Seal Island, our guide will answer all your questions about the Cape Fur Seal and Seal Island.
• You can enjoy the seals frolicking in their natural habitat. Close by is Dungeons – world renowned surfing spot.
* The boat can accommodate up to 10 Passengers.
* No spectators allowed. Spectators are welcome to wait at the shop until the boat returns.
Telephone: +27 (0) 87 940 7474