1 Day Shark Dive – Return Transfer from Hermanus (Gansbaai)
Research – Education – Preservation
ZAR 2,300 per person
• USB of your own personal experience for sale ZAR 350
• Camera rental on offer.
Getting into the cage with the sharks around, is truly the most breath-taking experience you will ever live to remember. When feeding actively around the boat, the sharks may occasionally brush their tail against the cage, but NEVER attack the cage. They are very curious though and often come close-up to the cage, taking a closer look at the diver. A personal, eye-to-eye encounter with this awesome animal, is guaranteed to get the adrenaline going!
• You will be collected in your accommodation in Hermanus early in the morning (the times vary according to the tide and weather).
• Then you will have a road trip to Gansbaai.
• At our office you will be served a light breakfast.
• After the safety briefing and getting into wetsuits, you will spend 3 hours at sea.
• On board, you will receive educational information about the sharks and the marine area.
• Groups of 5 people at a time, get into the cage on a rotational system and holding your breath to see the sharks glide serenely past underwater. Depending on shark activity, there is more than 1 turn to dive.
• No diving experience is required for this surface dive.
• Back on land we watch the media footage of the day which can be purchased while enjoying a hot lunch.
• We head back to Hermanus and you will be dropped at your hotel.
• Hot tea / coffee and light continental breakfast upon arrival at our Kleinbaai office.
• A hot lunch is served upon our return (lasagne, coleslaw and greek salad).
• Snacks, drinks and fruit on-board the boat.
• Shark Expert on board each tour.
• Educational information and safety briefing.
• Masks and wet-suits for divers.
• Surface viewing for non divers
• Transport: we can organize transport and accommodation for your excursion and visit to Gansbaai. We own two brand new 22-seater luxurious buses, fully equipped with TV and air-conditioning for your comfort. Buses are driven only by PDP licensed drivers and tour guides.
• Photos and video (optional at an extra cost)
• Tour Length: full day
The collection times are given the afternoon before the tour. We launch according to weather and tides and depending on how many tours we are running on that day. If you are on a time restraint ie airport flight, you need to let us know so we schedule you onto the correct time slot,
However, below is an approximate itinerary:
07h00 – Arrival in Kleinbaai for light breakfast, coffee and safety briefing.
08h00 – Boat launches from Kleinbaai harbour.
09h30 – Snacks and drinks on board.
11h00 – Arrival back on-shore
11h15 – Arrival at our office for light lunch, and soft drinks. View video of the day’s outing.
• Departure and arrival Time: Launch according to the weather and tides
• Start Point: Hermanus
• End Point: Hermanus
• Operational days: Always call or email to find out the best weather days and times to book.
• Minimum People: No minimum.
• Only children aged 5 and older will be allowed on the boat (under parent supervision).
• Only children aged 10 and older will be allowed in the cage (under parent supervision).
• All children aged 5 and older pays the same price, as it takes up a seat on the boat.
• Family rates are available
The best time to see the sharks
Gansbaai, is the only place where you can view Great White Sharks in a very short period of time, in their natural environment. We have more than a 90% sighting rate throughout the year.
The year can be divided into two seasons:
• April to August/September, White Sharks are observed mainly around Dyer Island and Geyser Rock.
• September to March, the Sharks use an area located three kilometers to the north in the shallow bay known as Shark Bay.
Should you have the misfortune of not seeing a shark on any specific tour, we will offer you a second tour free of charge (transport excluded).
• Should you cancel your tour less than 24 hours prior to tour departure from Cape Town, a 100% cancellation fee would be applicable.
• Should you not arrive for the tour (“No Show”) 100% cancellation fee would be applicable.
• Should you wish to reschedule your tour, you need to give us 24 hours notice and we would be happy to accommodate you on a different date. No cancellation fee will apply in this case.
Telephone: +27 (0) 87 940 7474