Gospel Tour – Sundays
Discover a cultural welcoming, and learn about the lives of the friendly people of Langa and Khayelitsha.
All tour guides are township locals who share the inside scoop about the history and cultural traditions that create the vibrant community life within Khayelitsha and Langa. Hear their stories of overcoming adversity to rebuild their communities.
The townships are known for being underdeveloped due to apartheid, but few know about the the tenacious people who strive to make every day a celebration of life and are eager to share it with others.
Meet locals and children who are excited to connect and show off their community’s livelihood. Taste the local cuisine or visit the local shebeen (pub), both of which are unique to South Africa.
Every Imzu Tours booking contributes and gives back to the local communities that tourists interact and connect with. Photo opportunities are available to preserve your memories and share your adventure and newfound knowledge with friends and family.
Khayelitsha – Western cape
• Proceed in our air-conditioned mini bus from Cape Town to the Langa Guga S’Thebe Community Centre where you can purchase beautiful arts and crafts made by the community.
• Proceed on a walking tour visiting the houses of the community and interacting with them.
• Visit a local Shebeen and taste traditional African beer.
• Visit roadside food preparation stalls and see how food is cooked ‘Township style’.
• From here you pass Nyanga and Cape Town International Airport en route to Khayelitsha, Cape Town’s biggest township.
• (During the school term) You will visit a local school and learn about the education system in the township. Interact with the school children and have photo opportunities with them.
• (During school holiday and on our afternoon tour) Visit Lookout Hill where you will see be able to view the township of Khayelitsha and Cape Town.
• Proceed to Makaya, a residential area of Khayelitsha and learn about and interact with the local people and children.
Have the opportunity to purchase our unique book taking a look at township life by Imzu Tours owner, Mzu Lembeni, ‘Introducing Cape Town’s Townships’.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
• Transport from Cape Town through the Townships and back to Cape Town.
• We will collect you from and drop you back at your hotel or guest house at no extra charge (Cape Town CBD, Green Point and Sea Point only)
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
• Any purchases of arts and crafts
WHAT TO BRING
• Cash for purchases
• Camera (no big cameras please)
• Bottled water
• Sweets for the children (optional)
• Sun hat
• Warm jacket in winter
• Comfortable casual clothing and comfortable shoes
• Length: Half day (3 hr. 30 min.)
• Departure: 8:30 to 13:00 hrs. – Morning Tour and 13:30 to 17:00 hrs. – Afternoon Tour
• Start and End Point: Guests will be picked up and dropped off at the Two Oceans Aquarium Lobby, located at Dock Rd, V & A Waterfront or at Entrance 2 Somerset Mall. We will also collect and drop you off from your hotel or guest house at no extra charge (Cape Town CBD, Green Point and Sea Point only).
• Operational days: Monday to Sunday
• Minimum People: 2
• Maximum : 15
• R 550 per person
• Tours cancelled within 72 hours of the tour will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
• Cancellation within 48 hours will incur a 75% cancellation fee.
• Cancellation within 24 hours will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
• Tours are not wheelchair friendly.
Rates are quoted in South Africa Rand.
We reserve the right to alter the itinerary should conditions necessitate such alterations.
If other arrangements are made for the same day as our tour, iMzu Tours cannot be held responsible for failure to meet those arrangements due to unavoidable delays in our tour finishing on time.
While every care is taken, iMzu Tours and their staff and/or agents, shall not be held responsible and shall be exempt from all forms of liability in respect of any loss, damage or injury to any person or his/her luggage or personal property. It is strongly recommended that passengers have adequate insurance against cancellation, loss of baggage, personal accident and medical expenses.
All our vehicles have operating licenses & public liability. Drivers also have public driving permits.