A life changing experience (Whale sightings are most prolific from July to November)
We currently have the only Whale and Dolphin Watching License in the Hout Bay area. Our Whale Watching trips are 2 hours long.
Our boat, CAWSAW, is an 8.5 m Gemini semi-rigid, with two 4-stroke 200 HP Yamaha Engines. It complies with all the regulations set by the South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA). The SAMSA approved safety equipment on board includes a radio, life jackets, a first aid kit and flares. The boat can accommodate up to 10 Passengers. There are always two crew members on board, consisting of the skipper and a deck hand. Our Skippers and Deck Hands have over twenty years experience at sea.
• Meetup inside Captain Jacks booking office in Hout Bay Harbour
• Security brief
• Put on your life jacket
• Let’s go on a boat trip!
• We head out towards Kommetjie via Noordhoek and look for whales and sea life all along the way.
• While we cannot guarantee whale sightings, our expert Whale Watching Guide will answer all your sea life questions and ensure that your trip is memorable.
• Dolphins regularly visit our Bay to feed and frolic.
• Between June and November of each year, the Southern Right Whale passes through our waters, journeying from the Cold Antarctica to calve in the warm waters around Cape Town.
• The Humpback Whale also passes through, en-route to breed and calve in Mozambique and Madagascar.
• Bryde Whales are often seen in our waters.
* The boat can accommodate up to 10 Passengers.
* No spectators allowed. Spectators are welcome to wait at the shop until the boat returns.
Telephone: +27 (0) 87 940 7474